Pages

On Thursday, May 27, 2010 0 comments


Simba, Mufasa, Rafiki, Sarabi, Timon and, Pumba do these characters sound familiar to you? Yep, they are from “The Lion King”. If you’ve never heard of that movie and you have no idea what I’m talking about, Well, The Lion King was a movie about Simba the lion prince and his friend named Sarabi. Then there is his evil uncle Mufasa (Who killed Simba’s father to get the throne). Mufasa takes over, Simba runs away. Then he meets Timon and Pumba (A Cooky duo) who raise him. After living some time with Timon and Pumba, Simba goes home to defeat Mufasa and claim his throne. Which he does, that’s The Lion King in a nutshell.

The Lion King was released into the theaters June 5, 1994 by Walt Disney Pictures. It had the highest grossing for a 2D animation movie until “Finding Nemo” was released. It made over $783 Million dollars worldwide. It was the best movie in 1994. It won 2 Academy Awards for its Music and a Golden Globe Award Best Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. It did really well.

Personally, I think that The Lion King has to be the ORIGINAL therefore the best animation movie ever. I can say that I think that it is important to the 1990’s because, honestly, it is the first cartoon movie that I remember seeing. I remember knowing every word to every song. Actually everyone did. I think that this movie was kind of a way to connect everyone together. I bet a lot of kids made new friends just because they both liked The Lion King. I know I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment