Pages

On Tuesday, May 25, 2010 0 comments


Chicken soup for the Soul, a book created by Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield, used to help people with their lives by telling true life stories. The title was chosen because of Mark’s grandmother, He said that his grandmother always told him that chicken soup can cure anything. He used it because it is supposed to heal the soul the way that soup heals a sickness.

After finalizing on the title, it was released on June 28, 1993. Then became a widely used Christmas present. It was said that after anyone read one, they would go back to the bookstores and buy five to ten more books. By 1994, Chicken Soup for the Soul was on every bestseller list in the U.S. and Canada.

In the next coming years, the book did wonderfully and it even won some awards.
· 1995, The ABBY Award (American Booksellers’ Book of the Year)
· 1996, The Non-Fiction Literary Award
· 1998, Favorite Book of the Year
Then in the 2000s they won many more awards, which I’m not going to talk about because my group is only doing the 1990s.

I think that Chicken Soup for the Soul is a very cool book. Especially because I found out that the publicity for the book was done by word of mouth. I wasn’t promoted in the media until after it sold many books. I haven’t actually read a Chicken Soup book before but after reading about the history of the book and reading some of the titles, I’m honestly think that I will try reading one of the books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment